From acne to dry skin to discoloration to aging and everything in between, our skin can really cause us some issues. Using a lot of store bought, chemical filled products only makes things worse. Even those products that claim to fix your problems are usually bad for you. Luckily, there are companies that make truly great skin care products. And even more luckily, you can make your own really easily by using essential oils!
In this prerecorded, Facebook Live video class I talk about various skin concerns, which oils are best to combat those issues and how to use them. I also walk you through creating your own primer water and makeup setting spray that can be tailored to your specific skin needs!
In the video I mention carrier oils. Savory Lotus has an excellent post about various carrier oils and their skin benefits.
Here is a handy reference to figure out which oils are best for your skin type…
Ready to get some high quality essential oils (at a discount) and start taking your skin care game to the next level? Head to my dōTERRA site and enroll either as a wholesale customer or a wellness advocate!
Stress can wreak havoc on our lives! There are some serious health issues that can occur when we are under daily stress. The good news is there are some simple techniques and tools you can incorporate into your life to really lower your stress, make your life happier and your body, mind and spirit healthier.
Check out this Facebook live class I hosted on relieving stress. Learn which crystals and essential oils to use plus how to use them. Also learn simple, easy and quick techniques you can start using right now to relieve stress today.
There comes a time in our lives when we all want to attract a little more prosperity into our lives. Times when we could use a little more money. Whether you’re using visualization, setting up a crystal grid or working a spell, it helps to use things that correspond to the energy frequency of prosperity. In this post I’ll share an easy to reference list of prosperity Correspondences.
- Green aventurine
- Clear quartz
- Green jade
Herbs and essential oils:
When creating an oil blend, crystal grid or doing a spell, it helps to use the energy of specific days to amplify your workings. Each day of the week has specific energy that corresponds to various topics, planets, color and more.
For instance, when creating an oil blend for love, you may choose to create this blend on a Friday, which is the day of love (energetically).
Perhaps you want to do a spell for protection, Sunday would be your day.
Having legal issues? You could set up a crystal grid on a Thursday for best results.
Check out the handy list below to see which day may work best for your particular goal.
- Planet: the moon
- Colors: silver, light purple and white
- Good for: healing, psychic gifts and peace
- Crystals: selenite, amethyst and moonstone
- Essential Oils: jasmine, lemon
- Goddesses: Diana and Selene
- Planet: Mars
- Colors: red, black and orange
- Good for: passion, strength, victory and courage
- Crystals: bloodstone, garner and black tourmaline
- Essential Oils: basil, patchouli and ginger
- Goddesses: Kali and Athena
- Planet: Mercury
- Colors: yellow and white
- Good for: communication, study, travel
- Crystals: blue lace agate, sodalite and fluorite
- Essential Oils: peppermint and eucalyptus
- Goddesses: Freyja and Seshat
- Planet: Jupiter
- Colors: green and purple
- Good for: careers, prosperity, abundance, legal matters and expansion
- Crystals: citrine, pyrite and lepidolite
- Essential Oils: clove, patchouli and cinnamon
- Goddesses: Abundantia and Lakshmi
- Planet: Venus
- Colors: white and pink
- Good for: love, friendship, beauty, romance and fertility
- Crystals: rose quartz, clear quartz, amethyst
- Essential Oils: rose, rosemary, sandalwood
- Goddesses: Venus, Aphrodite and Kuan Yin
- Planet: Saturn
- Colors: dark blue, black and brown
- Good for: banishing, endings, home, cleansing
- Crystals: black obsidian, hematite, labradorite and salt
- Essential Oils: clove, sage, cedarwood
- Goddesses: Hekate and Arianrhod
- Planet: the sun
- Colors: yellow and gold
- Good for: healing, success, individuality and happiness
- Crystals: citrine, sunstone and gold
- Essential Oils: orange, petitgrain and lime
- Goddesses: Brigid and Sif
When working magick and spells or preparing for a ritual or ceremony, working with similar Correspondances can really amp up the energy of your working. In this post, I will share with you Correspondances that correlate with the moon.
The cycles of the moon play a big factor in it’s energy. While I’m a big believer that magick and ritual can be performed at any moon phase, there’s nothing wrong with waiting until the moon is in a particular phase before conducting your ceremony or spell.
- Waxing Moon is when the moon is getting larger. This is the time after the new moon and prior to the full moon. This is a good energy for thing you want to increase in your life (think money, love, job).
- Waning Moon is when the moon is getting smaller. After the full moon and before the new moon. This is good energy for things you want to remove from your life. Things like bad habits, or even people.
- Full Moon is a very powerful energy. It really amplifies any workings making them stronger. This is also a good time to begin to think of things you need to release from your life.
- New Moon energy is good for planning what you’d like to bring into your life. What do you really want to manifest?
While the moon does travel through each of the zodiac signs every couple of days, the moon is connected to the Cancer zodiac sign. When the moon is in this sign, the energy is doubly amplified.
Here are some basic Correspondances for the moon:
- The element of water
- Moonstone and selenite crystals
- Sandalwood, jasmine and lemon essential oils
- Psychic work
- Feminine energy
First and foremost, I don’t suggest making any changes to your medication without prior discussion with your medical doctor and/or therapist.
In this video, I share a little about my history with depression and medication as well as some of the holistic and spiritual things I’ve done to get myself off my antidepressants and actually heal the hurt and what was causing my mental health issues in the first place.
Spring is all about new life! New endeavors and manifesting! Here’s a fun and easy ritual you can do for Ostara and the first day of spring! Even your kids can take part!
🌸 Take an egg (a symbol of fertility..seed..manifesting) and write on it what you are going to be manifesting in the coming months. Write it in the positive, like it’s already happening. For example, I am successful…not, I will be successful. Claim that dream!
🌸 Next, bury your egg outside (or in a pot) with seedlings or a new plant on top. And voila! Literally planting your fertility seed of manifestation!!
🌸I personally like to up the ante with essential oils. I breathe in the aroma while I hold the egg and visualize all my goals coming into fruition. Elevation to keep those vibes HIGH, Orange for success and confidence and creativity and patchouli for prosperity and a little grounding.
What are chakras?
Chakras, to put it simply, are energy centers within (and around) our bodies. While there are many chakras, there are seven main chakras (or energy centers). These align along your spine, from the base of your spine up to the top of your head.
Each of these seven main chakras correspond to a specific area of our lives, emotions and body systems and make up our Chakra System.
What are the benefits to balancing your chakras?
Since each of our chakras corresponds to a different body system, emotion and area of our lives, when our chakras are out of balance it can cause havoc, stress and issues within our bodies and lives. Likewise, when our chakras are in balance we tend to feel more aligned, at peace and healthy.
For example, if your root chakra is out of balance you may have lots of anxiety or stress surrounding money. You may have lower back or leg pain.
It’s extremely common to have chakras that are out of balance or to fluctuate from balanced to out of balance.
There are many ways to balance your chakras. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Essential oils
- Reiki and energy healing
Are you in the Central Ohio area?
If you’re in the Central Ohio area and would like your chakras balanced, please check out my local services page by clicking here.
Rainbow Moonstone (also sometimes called White Labradorite) is an excellent meditative crystal. Here are some of its benefits and uses.
Rainbow Moonstone has a very feminine energy. You can use this crystal when looking to connect more to your divine feminine and balance your feminine energies. Men too can use this crystal to help them tap into that side of themselves more easily.
It helps you feel calm but powerful.
This crystal can help you enhance your intuition and psychic gifts, particularly clairvoyance.
It’s a fairly high vibrational stone that raises your energies but it’s also calming to the mind and can help you deepen your meditation.
It’s energy can help you become aware of areas in your life, body and spirit that could use some healing and attention.
Use with your sacral, third eye and crown chakras.
Physically, Moonstone can help balance females hormones, balance menstrual cycles and boost fertility. Could also be helpful for working with the womb and endometriosis.
I’m not a medical doctor. My blog posts are for informational purposes only. Please consult your doctor for any health concerns.
Physically cleaning your home and space is important. Lots of people regularly clean their homes. But not a lot of people clean their homes energetically. Just like physical items can dusty up and clutter up our homes, making the environment unpleasant. So too can energetic dust and clutter. In this post I’ll share with you why it’s important to energetically cleanse and bless your home, some ways to go about it and how to tell when your home may need a cleansing.
Why should you cleanse and bless your home?
Like I mentioned above, our homes can get cluttered and gross from energy as well as physical items. People, animals and objects are constantly emitting energy. That energy then seeps into our homes and living spaces. After awhile, it can start to feel pretty cluttered and stuffy with all of that stagnant energy sitting around. Especially if there’s been an increase in tension, sadness or anger in your home. That energy is quite heavy and can make your living space feel unpleasant.
Cleansing your home clears out that stagnant energy while blessing your home helps to prevent unwanted energies from entering and remaining in your home.
Have you ever walked into a room after someone has been arguing or really upset and just felt the tension? Likewise, have you ever walked into a room where people are happy and having fun and the atmosphere felt light and airy? That’s a good example of feeling the energy in a space.
How can you tell when it’s time to cleanse your home?
Ideally, you want to energetically cleanse your home on a regular basis. However, there are some times and signs to let you know it may be time to give your space a good cleansing. Some of these include:
- Moving into a new home
- After any big arguments or sadness
- After any illnesses in the home
- After having lots of guests over
- If the residents seem more tense and irritable than normal
- If the residents are having nightmares
- If the overall vibe of your home just feels off or not quite right
- When you bring antiques or previously owned items into the home
What can you do to cleanse and bless your home?
You can either cleanse and bless your home yourself or you can hire a professional (priest, spiritual guide, healer, etc) to do it for you. Some people prefer to do regular cleansing on their own and hire a professional for bigger jobs.
Some tools you can use to cleanse and bless your home:
- Essential oils
- Palo Santo