Essential oils are excellent at helping us with a myriad of emotional needs. That’s because our sense of smell is connected right to our limbic system of the brain.
The limbic system is responsible for memory, emotions, behavior and learning.
So when you smell an essential oil, it’s literally affecting the part of your brain that’s responsible for your feelings.
This then triggers your body to release specific chemicals and endorphins related to that particular feeling.
Scientists have even found that various parts of our brains become more active depending on which scents we’re smelling.
So this means that we can actually help our brains and bodies release various emotions and even reprogram our brains accordingly!
It’s all pretty cool if you ask me!
I’ve been working on releasing some emotions and came up with this blend to use. I suggest using this blend (or any oils) for emotional release, paired with some affirmations.
In a 5mL roller bottle mix:
11 drops Ylang Ylang
5 drops Cypress
3 drops Lime
2 drops Geranium
1 drop Siberian Fir
Tip off with fractionated coconut oil
Optional: add rose quartz chips and rose petals
Why these oils?
- Ylang Ylang helps with releasing emotional blocks and boosts confidence
- Cypress helps you to release the judgments others have placed on you while assisting you with change, trust and patience
- Lime helps you to work through your feelings while providing you with inner peace
- Geranium is a very soothing and comforting Oil
- Siberian Fir helps to ground your energy and provide you with strength