I love protection powders. You can use them in many different ways. My favorite, and one of the most common ways, is to sprinkle the powder along the entryways to your home.
Here is a quick and easy way to make your own protection powder.
- Egg shells
- Herbs with energetic protective properties
- Essential oils with energetic protective properties
- A container to store your powder
- First, make sure the egg shells you’re using have been cleaned well, rinsed and thoroughly dried. I rinse and clean mine immediately after cracking them and set them in a container in my windowsill to dry out. Once your egg shells are totally dried out, you can grind them to a powder. Some people use an electric coffee grinder. I used my trusty mortar and pestle.
- Choose your herb or herbs and grind those as well. I chose rosemary and sage as they are both very powerful protective herbs.
- Mix the herbs and egg shells together in your container. I used a small mason jar.
- At this point you can add a couple drops of essential oils if you wish. I used my own Protective Oil blend. It’s infused with oils, herbs and crystals. I sell it in my shop.
- And voila! Your protection powder is complete!
I call this a powder, but because I ground the herbs and shells by hand, it was a little more chunky than a soft powder (like baby powder for example). Whether your powder is fine or a little thicker is okay.
Take your powder and sprinkle a line of it across your entryway and even windowsills if you desire. As you do so, you can envision a barrier being put up. You can even say a few words or blessings as you sprinkle it.
How do you like to use your protection powder?