Wow! Here we are, our final week of Chakra 101!
Sanscrit Name: Sahasrana.
Location: Top of the head.
Color: Violet or white (I personally resonate more with white).
Governs: Connection to your higher self, enlightenment, spiritual connection, connection to higher realms.
If your crown chakra is balanced:
- You will be open minded.
- You’ll feel connected, spiritually.
- You’ll feel connected to your higer self.
- You’ll be open to the possibilities of a higher power.
- Your psychic gifts may grow.
If your crown chakra is out of balance:
- You’ll be critical of spirituality or may be completely addicted to it.
- You may feel out of it or “spacey”.
- You may feel confused.
- Your ego will be dominant.
- You may be materialistic.
- You may get migraines.
- You may feel dizzy.
Before we get into using the tarot to help balance your crown chakra, let’s discuss a couple possible causes of the crown chakra to get out of balance in the first place.
- If you’ve had religion forced on you, you could have undoubtedly closed yourself off to spirituality.
- If you’ve been criticized for your own spiritual beliefs, this could close off your crown chakra.
These are just two common ways that the crown chakra could possibly get out of balance. Sometimes our chakra gets out of balance and we aren’t even sure why. That’s where the tarot comes in handy. Here are some tarot prompts you could use to help you balance and work with your crown chakra.
- How can I be more open minded?
- How can I better connect to Spirit (or God, Universe, whatever term you use)
- What is blocking my crown chakra?
- What can I do to gain a broader sense of Spirit.
- What, within me, has caused my crown chakra to get out of balance?
Want to learn even more about using the tarot with the chakras? Check out my Holistic Tarot Reader Certification Course!
There are many essential oils that are good for the crown chakra. Here are some of my personal favorites.
- Frankincense: This is an extremely spiritual oil, used in many cultures for many years. Helps to achieve a meditative state while connecting you spiritually.
- Sandalwood: This is another very spiritual oil. Helps to quiet your mind so you can be open to spiritual guidance and connection.
- Ylang ylang: This is another oil that helps to quiet the mind to connect spiritually. It’s a high vibrational oil which pairs nicely with the higher vibrations of the crown chakra.
As with oils, there are many crystals that can be used with the crown chakra. Here are some of my favorites.
- Selenite: This is a very high vibrational stone. Helps to open the crown chakra. Helps you connect to spiritual realms, Angels and guides. A word of caution, this stone is highly powerful. Especially if you’re sensitive to crystal energies. It can end up opening your crown chakra too much and leave you feeling spacey and out of it. When working with selenite I suggest making sure to also use a grounding stone such as black tourmaline.
- Amethyst: Calms your mind and aids in meditation. Can also activate and enhance psychic gifts.
- Clear Quartz: This crystal amplifies energies and provides a clearing or stagnant or stuck energies. Helps the crown chakra to function better.
Are you interested in learning more about how to use crystals, chakras and oils to bring balance and light to your life? Check out my Crystal Healing Certification Course!