The Belgian has been flirting with the idea of joining Real Madrid over the past few years and this has become public of late with the attacker openly admitting the desire to join the European champions.
But their efforts have been in vain with Hazard repeatedly stating that he does not want to clarify his future until the end of the season - a stance created to keep his options open in the event that Madrid decide to make a concerted effort to sign him. Not because I want him to leave - I think he's doing a good job - but looking at it he probably realises the job he is in.
"I have made a decision", he said. This has helped Real Madrid to have the upper hand in this deal as the Belgian International would be available for a fee of around 100 million pounds which will not be out of reach.
"We all needed that", Belgium worldwide Hazard told Chelsea's TV channel.
Last month, reports in Spain claimed that Hazard has rejected Chelsea's offers of a new contract and will push for a move to Real Madrid at the end of the season.
"Jose Mourinho was lukewarm towards him, Antonio Conte wasn't overly keen, and now he is part of a crew whose bottle Maurizio Sarri has questioned in the last few weeks".
Hazard said in a documentary to be aired on Wednesday: "I know what I am going to do".