KXIP vs KKR Live Score

Most of the victims - including many from a wedding party - were said to be sleeping when the fire broke out.

A further 35 people had been rescued, authorities confirmed. Prime facie, the cause of the fire was suspected to be a short-circuit, the police and fire officials said.

January 20, 2018: At least 10 women and seven men were charred to death in a fire that broke out in a firecracker unit in northwest Delhi's Bawana industrial area.

"Two hotel staff members had jumped from the fourth floor of the hotel in an attempt to save themselves". We believe that the elderly lady was in the toilet when electricity went off and when the trio came out to check, they realised that something was amiss. A fire department official said some fire extinguishers were found used suggesting people trapped inside tried to douse the fire in a bid to escape.

Activists say builders and landlords often amend building plans to add space and ignore safety norms to save costs.

The hotel was first granted a licence in October 2005 and was renewed every year. Several fire tenders were sent to the spot.Rescue operations continued till late in the morning.

In recent months, officials have shut down a number of shops and restaurants in some of Delhi's most exclusive neighbourhoods for not following fire safety measures. The Union tourism minister said there were a lot of wooden structures inside, which may have helped the fire spread.

Three Myanmar citizens staying at the hotel were missing, the NDTV news network reported.

His sister Jayashree alerted them to the smoke and rushed out to check what was happening, he said. My mother and brother were along with my sister at the time.

"A licence is issued only after inspection".


COMMENTS