KXIP vs KKR Live Score

Earlier in the day, Rahaf Mohammed al-Qunun - the 18-year-old Saudi asylum seeker, who fled her family to Thailand and harnessed the power of Twitter to stave off deportation - abruptly suspended her account, with friends saying she had received death threats.

Canadian diplomats in the Thai capital were seized with her plight immediately, and though Alqunun originally said she wanted to reach Australia, it became clear in the past week that Canada represented her quickest path to freedom. "She'll leave tonight at 11:15pm".

Canadian officials were reluctant to comment further until she landed safely.

She then barricaded herself in an airport hotel room and launched a social media campaign on Twitter, which drew enough support to convince Thai officials to admit her temporarily under the protection of United Nations officials. Her efforts picked up enough public and diplomatic support to convince Thai officials to admit her temporarily under the protection of the United Nations.

Her case has drawn attention to Saudi Arabia's strict social rules, including a requirement that women have the permission of a male "guardian" to travel, which rights groups say can trap women and girls as prisoners of abusive families.

The young Saudi woman who fled her family seeking asylum overseas is scheduled to land in Canada on Saturday after successfully harnessing the power of Twitter to stave off deportation from Thailand.

Canada's ambassador had seen her off at the airport, Surachate said, adding that she looked happy and healthy. Several countries, including Australia, had said they could welcome Alqunun as a refugee.

Ms Alqunun's father, believed to be a regional official in the Kingdom, arrived in Bangkok on Tuesday but his daughter refused to meet with him.

"My brothers and family and the Saudi embassy will be waiting for me in Kuwait", Qunun said by text and voice message from the hotel late on Sunday.

She also opened up about living with her family in Saudi Arabia, describing it as hard as she had no freedom. "We will always stand up for human rights and women's rights around the world".

The case has highlighted the cause of women's rights in Saudi Arabia.

On Friday afternoon she posted a final cryptic tweet on her profile saying "I have some good news and some bad news" - shortly after her account was deactivated.

She said she has been subjected to physical and psychological abuse at the hands of her family in Saudi Arabia, where she was once locked in her room for six months for cutting her hair.

She barricaded herself in a hotel room at Bangkok airport after being stopped by officials and expressed fear that she would be killed if she was forced to return.

Saudi Arabia's human rights record has come under heavy scrutiny since the brutal murder of dissident journalist Jamal Khashoggi past year at its consulate in Turkey.

Ms. Payne held talks with Thai Deputy Prime Minister Prajin Juntong, who is also justice minister, and Foreign Minister Don Pramudwinai.

Her online campaign was so successful that Saudi official Abdalelah Mohammed A.al-Shuaibi told Thai officials through a translator: "We wish they had confiscated her phone instead of her passport".