KXIP vs KKR Live Score

The two automakers said the joint company made the payment to Ghosn, who remains in detention on charges of financial misconduct, from a pool of a 15.62 million euro service fee, which was meant to "facilitate the generation of synergies", without approval by the board of directors including Nissan CEO Hiroto Saikawa and Mitsubishi Motors CEO Osamu Masuko, they said.

The logo of Mitsubishi Motors Corp is displayed at the company's showroom in Tokyo, Japan. Ghosn was arrested back in November 2018 on suspected financial law breach for under-reporting of his corporate salary.

The accusation refers to the Nissan-Mitsubishi B.V. (NMBV) unconsolidated joint venture, an entity set up in 2017 in the Netherlands in the wake alliance between the two companies a year earlier. Mitsubishi's lawyer said the firm may bring a charge of embezzlement against Ghosn.

Saikawa and Masuko did not receive any compensation or other payments from NMBV.

"Under that contract, he received a total of 7,822,206.12 euros (including tax) in compensation and other payments of NMBV funds", Nissan said, citing an ongoing investigation into alleged wrongdoing by Ghosn.

The latest allegations are likely to add pressure on the Japanese automakers' partner Renault to cut ties with Ghosn.

Former Nissan boss Carlos Ghosn will stay behind bars in Japan for the foreseeable future after a Tokyo court quashed his appeal for bail as he faces charges on three counts of financial misconduct.

The French government, which owns 15 percent of Renault's shares and 22 percent of voting rights, has called for a board meeting "in the coming days".

French Economy Minister Bruno Le Maire on Wednesday opined that it was time for new leadership at Renault, saying that its jailed chairman Carlos Ghosn should be replaced as soon as possible.

FRANCE is turning on Carlos Ghosn nearly two months after his arrest in Tokyo, eliminating one of the executive's last potential allies within the global auto alliance he has held together for nearly two decades.

The court had previously refused to release the 64-year-old Franco-Lebanese-Brazilian businessman on the grounds that he could present a flight risk and destroy evidence.

He asserted his innocence in court last week, his first public appearance since the arrest.


COMMENTS