KXIP vs KKR Live Score

If Harvey Weinstein was in charge of this script, today he'd be looking to do a reverse of the "perp walk" he was led on after his arrest.

Harvey Weinstein's sex assault case will move forward, a judge ruled Thursday in refusing to toss the explosive indictment against him.

Weinstein, who faces a up to life in prison if convicted of the five charges against him, has denied having nonconsensual sex with anyone following accusations by more than 70 women, mostly young actresses and other women employed in the movie business, of sexual misconduct, including rape, going back decades.

Weinstein, 66, who denies all allegations of non-consensual sex, left without commenting.

"This is not about the #MeToo movement", Brafman said following the hearing.

Weinstein's defense attorney, Benjamin Brafman, said he was disappointed with Burke's ruling, but said he remains confident Weinstein will be "completely exonerated" at trial. Another option is that the judge could throw the indictment out - but give prosecutors time to seek a new one.

Brafman said in a court filing last month that the emails "demonstrate that these women who now allege sexual assault by Mr. Weinstein have for years engaged in loving and often intimate conversations with him before and after the date of the alleged assault", AP reported. His lawyers had claimed that the case was tainted by police and prosecutorial misconduct.

The disgraced mogul faces five felony charges, including predatory sexual assault and rape. The reporting also detailed how Weinstein paid off accusers, including an Italian model who, while working with the NYPD, recorded Weinstein admitting he groped her.

The friend told investigators that Weinstein and the accuser had been "hooking up" consensually for a while and that she never heard her say anything bad about him until past year, Weinstein's lawyer, Ben Brafman, said in a court filing.

Prosecutors also disclosed an allegation that DiGaudio urged the 2013 rape accuser to delete private material from her cellphones before handing them over to the DA's office.

They say everything in Haleyi's mobile phone was turned over to investigators, and that the detective's conduct only affected Evans' case.

Weinstein's legal team argued that the case has reached an irreparable place after police Det.

Burke's ruling revealed that Weinstein had agreed in May to testify before the grand jury considering his case. There was no evidence, he wrote, that prosecutors had acted improperly. In a court filing, Assistant District Attorney Kevin Wilson says "there is no possibility" that alleged police misconduct "in any way impaired the integrity of the grand jury or prejudiced the defendant".


COMMENTS